August 19, 2018
Service Begins at 11:00 AM
TITLE: “Spiritual Goals”
WORSHIP LEADER: Kay Gonzales
People set spiritual goals in order to connect to something that is considered more important than the individual and to meet specific social, emotional and mental needs. According to Psychology Today, people with spiritual goals are happier and experience greater feelings of well-being than those without a spiritual lifestyle.
The following five tips will help you set personal spiritual goals that will help you grow through the year:
1) Concentrate your efforts. Set just one, two, or three goals at a time. Don’t spread yourself too thin. When you experience success, then add another goal.
2) Be realistic. Set goals that are attainable. If you don’t read your Spiritual Text regularly now, don’t set a goal to read the entire text in three months. Instead commit to read it 3 to 5 times per week.
3) Think concretely. Set goals so progress can be measured. For instance, this goal is too ambiguous: I’m going to spend more time with communing with nature. . Instead be concrete: I will take a walk in the woods one time every week. .
4) Include strategies. Develop strategies designed to move you toward your goals. If one goal is to memorize poetry, determine how you will do that. What verses you will memorize? How often you will tackle a new one? What memorization techniques will you use?
5) Create manageable steps. Break your overall goal into a series of smaller goals that are doable and will foster success.
Which of these tips would you like to try?
Our service begins at 11:00 AM. All are welcome. Come early for coffee, snacks and lively conversation with Judy and Tony.