This Sunday we will continue our roundtable-style services with Generosity. This summer we are exploring the subjects of the Unitarian Universalists Article II Study Report.
These services are designed to allow participants to share their thoughts if they choose to do so. Sharing is always voluntary; active listening is welcome too. While you are speaking, all others are asked to remain silent and listen carefully and completely. In part one of the discussion we do not permit cross-talk, reactions, or questions except to ask someone to repeat or clarify. Facilitator, Jan Holloway, will guide us through our discussion.
Subject For This Sunday:
Generosity. We cultivate a spirit of gratitude and hope.
We covenant to freely and compassionately share our faith, presence, and
resources. Our generosity connects us to one another in relationships of
interdependence and mutuality.
- What is your definition of generosity?
- Who in your life is someone that you would consider a generous person?
- What traits or values do you notice as this person serves others?
- How do you handle generosity within yourself or your own life?
- How would you like to grow in being generous to others?
- Consider someone in your life today who could benefit from your generosity. How can you demonstrate generosity to that person today or this week?